My name is Kyriakos Chatzidimitriou. Since I prefer my work to talk about who I am, I will just say that my background is Software Engineering (programmer, architect, team manager) and Machine Learning (PhD and as a researcher) and so are my research, development and business interests. At the moment my main interests are:
- Architecting and programming solid, high quality web applications
- Automated trading
- Applying machine learning in various domains
- Looking for my next startup gig after two failures (one founded, one joined)
- Writing programming and machine learning books and posts, producing courses on the subjects
- Learning how to draw
- Getting from fat to savage
- Learning STEM stuff and robotics to my kids and produce content around it
- Learn and get better in online selling and marketing (so please bare some affiliate links :)). As Naval Ravikant says: ADD TWEET
- Coding open source software
As a developer (and for the time being as these things change), I am fond of the MERN stack (MongoDB, Expressjs, React.js, Node.js) for building web applications, React Native for building mobile apps but I also work with Angular, NestJS, C#, Go, Python and R in projects.
My site is structured as follows:
- Me: information about me, including my CV and my social media profiles.
- Timeline: my personal timeline.
- Blog: my blog on personal, research and development activities, tutorials and 'how tos', personal opinions, book reviews, exercise and nutrition posts etc.
- Bits: where I list short snippets of code and knowledge in various domains.
- Notes: links to notes I keep on various subjects.
- External: links to pieces that I created and exist on external platforms like medium, twitter, substack etc.
- Research: my portfolio of research projects that includes areas of research and funded projects I worked or I am working on.
- Development: my portfolio of development projects that includes open source software, libraries and tools I am involved in (as a developer or as a manager/team leader), as well as any running applications web or mobile.
- Publications: my publish or perish statistics profile and my publications list.
- Resources: Pages that provide links to the best things (articles, videos, books, podcasts etc.) I found on the web on specific subjects along with my narration and links to my posts. I got this idea from Martin Fowler's Resource Guides, as for example that on Microservices.